Requirements for companies and their subcontractors constructing stands at the request exhibitors participating in exhibitions and fairs organised at Estonian Fair Centre
1. Eesti Näituste AS is the principle builder at exhibitions and fairs organised at the fair centre 1).
Note: 1) As the principle builder, Eesti Näituste AS has the right to request companies to submit the documents necessary for performing stand construction works and to expect compliance of these documents with the requirements set out herein as well as compliance of the stand construction and electrical works with the standards in place in the Republic of Estonia and with the requirements laid down herein by Eesti Näituste AS.
2. Eesti Näituste AS has the right to check the following information about the companies performing stand construction works at the fair centre:
2.1. legal formalities: entry in the commercial register, registration of a sole proprietor as a taxable person with the Tax and Customs Board and entry in the commercial register;
2.2. professional and occupational competence of workers: the availability of relevant professional and competency certificates needed for performance of stand construction works;
2.3. compliance of stand construction and design materials, electrical equipment, etc. with the requirements laid down in the legislation of the Republic of Estonia as well as with the norms and regulations imposed by the state supervision authorities;
2.4. the availability and validity of an expert assessment report, licence or another relevant document certifying the operational reliability of a stand with two storeys or over issued by the licensed and competent construction supervision authority.
3. Eesti Näituste AS has the right to request the following:
3.1. the list 2) of workers of the company performing stand construction works at the fair centre to be submitted at least one week before the date of commencement of the assembly works set out in the terms and conditions for participation in a specific exhibition or fair;
Note: 2) stand builders are allowed to perform works in the exhibition halls of the fair centre only on the basis of the builder’s certificates issued upon receipt of a relevant application from the company/institution ordering the service and in accordance with the list submitted by the company performing stand construction works.
3.2. compliance by the workers of the stand construction companies and their subcontractors with the working time regime imposed at the fair centre for the preparation, work and post-work period during exhibitions and fairs;
3.3. strict and unconditional compliance by the workers of the stand construction companies and their subcontractors with the fire safety, occupational health and safety and public order rules in place at the fair centre;
3.4. the lists, specifications, accompanying documents, etc. pertaining to the materials and design elements that stand construction companies and their subcontractors bring to the fair centre for performing stand construction works and remove therefrom when carrying out dismantling works as well as to check the veracity of those documents.
4. The stand construction companies and their subcontractors performing stand construction works at the fair centre are obliged:
4.1. no later than 20 working days before the start date of the assembly period for a particular exhibition or fair (see clause 6.1 of the General Terms and Conditions for Participation in Exhibitions, Fairs and Other Events Organised at the Eesti Näituste AS’s Fair Centre) to clear with Eesti Näituste AS the stand design plan project 3) with the overall dimensions as well as the list of structures and materials used;
4.2. no later than 10 working days before the start date of the assembly period for a particular exhibition or fair 4) to submit:
4.2.1. final technical drawings of the stands, including the operation report 5) pertaining to the stand with two storeys or over, issued by the licensed construction supervision authority;
4.2.2. specifications of the electrical equipment and materials used and a certificate proving their compliance with the requirements and norms in place in the Republic of Estonia;
4.2.3. the circuit diagram of the stand 6) and the list of workers performing electrical works on the stand with the copies of valid competency certificates issued to the relevant persons;
4.2.4. the request to connect to Eesti Näituste AS’s utility networks, including electricity, water supply, sewerage, compressed air, telephone lines and antennae.
3) Eesti Näituste AS has the right to refuse to allow the companies performing stand construction works to carry out those works if the companies fail to submit within the time limit specified in clause 3.1 herein the design plan, circuit diagram, list of the materials used and safety certificates or to meet the requirements set by the competent representative(s) of Eesti Näituste AS in the course of the approval process;
4) Eesti Näituste AS does not guarantee the fulfilment of orders which were not submitted in writing by the said deadline. Eesti Näituste AS has the right to refuse to fulfil orders which are placed incorrectly or are not in writing;
5) Eesti Näituste AS has the right to refuse to grant permission for erection of the said structures if the request has not been submitted on time, an expert assessment report has not been presented or if the expert assessment report presented does not confirm the compliance of the two-storey design structure with the operational safety requirements.
6) If the exhibitor at an exhibition or fair leases from the organiser of that exhibition or fair only undersigned indoor space and erects there a stand either on its own or using the workforce and materials of its subcontractors, the exhibitor is obliged to order from the exhibition or fair organiser the electrical connection for its stand.
4.3. to unconditionally comply with the time schedule for the preparation, work and post-work period stipulated by Eesti Näituste AS and/or another fair organiser in the terms and conditions for participation in a particular exhibition or fair.
5. Eesti Näituste AS has the right to take additional measures to preserve the integrity of its infrastructure, ensure its effective and secure functioning, take care of the safety of its employees, visitors, exhibitors and their subcontractors and safeguard the property of Eesti Näituste AS and exhibitors.
6. The prerequisite for carrying out activities by companies performing stand construction works at the request of companies participating in exhibitions and fairs organised at Eesti Näituste AS’ fair centre is obtainment of positive evaluation from Eesti Näituste AS.
7. Repeated disregard for these requirements by workers of the stand construction company and its subcontractors performing stand construction works at the fair centre shall result in suspension or termination of the activities of such a company at the fair centre.
8. These requirements shall become effective upon their signing and shall remain in force for an indefinite period or until their revision by Eesti Näituste AS.